Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Mystery

This morning I discovered ink pen drawings on my twill couch!! I ask Miller if he knew who did it? This is the conversation that followed:
"Not Me" was his reply.
I said, "do you think Davis did it? Because if he did, he's in trouble and he may need a spanking." Miller just looked at me with wide eyes.
I said, "I'm going to go in that back and spank Davis. OK Miller?"
"Don't do that Mama, he's just a baby and he will be scared. I don't think he did it anyway."
"Well", I replied, "who do you think did it"? "
"Maybe somebody came in our house when we weren't here and did it. I guess it's a mystery."
"Let's call your Daddy and make sure it wasn't him."
"OK"
After calling Tim, and asking him very exaggeratedly if he did it (He didn't) I told Miller that we needed to report this break-in and vandalism to the Police. I called John Clinton. (my cousin that is a Sheriff's deputy - as far as Miller is concerned, he is the Sheriff) John was cracking up as I gave him the recount of the morning's events. Miller was listening to both conversations very intently. I got off the phone and told Miller that the Sheriff's department was going to look into the matter.
"Mama"?
"What Miller"?
"I think I know who did it"?
"You Do"? I thought, he was going to confess.
"yes ma'am, I think it was Uncle Bo.

Maybe he'll be an actor. He's almost got me thinking maybe it wasn't him!

4 comments:

Emily said...

That boy is too funny! Mama and I are sitting here laughing hysterically! Maybe Davis did do...he is a year old (almost)! Haha! Have a Happy Halloween!

Emily Holleman said...

I love this!!! I hoping the law isn't after Bo! you better warn him! Hope things are well in LP. Miss y'all!
-Emily Holleman

Emily Holleman said...

excuse the typo... I'm not all here these days :)

Amanda said...

That's hilarious! Uncle Bo seems just the type!