Friday, January 22, 2010

honesty is the best policy...well sometimes



O.K. Carey Here goes. 8 Honest things about myself. Then you repost and do the same....
Being really honest. This is more like a confession. I'm catholic after all. I guess that's a good place to start.

1. God & I have a unique relationship. Don't misjudge the situation. (Judge not, right.) I pray, I go to church, I say the blessing, I talk to him in ways you may think are strange.(See note) I'll probably never have a conversation with you about Him. To me, it's personal. It's between me and Him, and it's nunya! I know I should sing his praises from the rooftops and all that, but I'm not like that. Matthhew 6:1-6 I guess. ( Note: I do this thing in my head...I don't know what you'd call it. I started doing it when I was in college. It's kinda my way of thanking God for the little things. It goes like this. If I see a woman exercising, I'll say to myself, "Thank you God, that I have already done that today." Or if I see a purple house, I'll say, "Thank you God, that I have better sense than to paint my house purple." I'm not exactly saying this is "nice". But, I like to thank God for making me, me. )

2. I love my children. I know lots of people say this, but this is the confession. I do not like to play with them....tractors, hunting, pre-tending - it bores me. I know that makes me sound terrible, and believe me I have tried. My mom is so great at pre-tending. She loves to play with my kids. They play tractors, and have things break down, and run to "town" for sonic for all the hands. And in a minute it's gonna "rain" so hurry and put all the tractors under the shed....I don't really even know where she comes up with this stuff. Maybe it's that I can't relax if there's something to do - house wise. folding, cleaning etc. who knows. I'm right brained. Keep in mind, I didn't say I don't play with them. I'm just saying I don't like it.

3. I hate chocolate, and deer meat. No, I don't want to try your recipe. Yes, I'm sure I don't like them. To some people I might as well have said I think Elvis is still alive.

4. I have undiagnosed cases of OCD and dislexia. My mama says I have CDO, because that's alphabetized. I make lists, and buddy you better not touch them, write on them or mark something off them. I get made fun of at pokeno because I alphabetize the players names, and if i make a mistake i'll tear the page out and start over. I made terrible grades in high school algebra because i couldn't keep the letters and numbers straight, but had a 99 average in college statistics. Go figure.

5. I love to travel. I love hotels (good ones). There's something about visiting places, airplanes, restaurant etc. that excites me.

6. I love people and their idiosyncrasies. Very few people (their habits) annoy me. Probably those closest to me the most. Mostly things annoy me, not people.

7. I am very competitive. You do not want to play board games with me. I don't even let my three year old win at hi-ho cherrio. I mean, I know life isn't always about winning and losing. But, somebody has to lose at hi-ho cherrio. I can't help it if I spin 4 and his cherries keep falling out of his basket. Losing is an important lesson for those of you that now think I am a terrible mother. (I know what you're thinking - "sheesh, if she doesn't like to play with them, she could at least let him win." I don't think so.

8. I think I need a wife. I love my husband. He's a great guy, father, husband etc. But, I could really use a clone of myself. Not that I'm all that great, but if there were two of me, I could really accomplish some stuff. Things would be getting done. I could cook supper, update the blog, order the new stuff for the store, go to wal-mart, fold the clothes, play with the kids, read the stories, watch tv, clean the kitchen, and still have time to check e-mail and all sorts of other stuff I juggle.

3 comments:

Carey said...

Wow sarah, you are good at the confession thing :)
seriously you crack me up! and I'm sure your mom is probably the best pretender out there!

The Seviers said...

Sarah...this is hilarious!!! Maybe I will like pretending more with Mary Scott, since we don't have to do the tractor thing!! I do agree that if there were 2 women in a house, a lot more would get done!!

Amanda said...

I think it's very interesting how much I agree with your list. We're more similar than I ever realized! And, yes, I don't think anyone could "out do" your pretend mom in the pretend world!